Sunday, May 1, 2011

BOWERBIRDS!!!!

  A brief side note from the nerdy and exclusive world of BIR...
    

  I was lucky enough to record with the lovely Bowerbirds this past weekend in Justin Vernon's Studio in Fall Creek, WI!  It was inspiring to say the least and best of all, I got to hang out with the ever debonair Dan 'Yan' Westerlund!!! 

Pretty poor quality picture but it makes it seem as though it was a sighting of Yan... Making it mysterious and whimsical!

I was INCREDIBLY lucky (Thank you 'Flash' Johnson) in scoring the use of a contrabass clarinet that I did some work to and made some noise on it! I had a blast playing it, along with clarinet, bass clarinet, bari, and alto sax!  Mostly the clarinet realm was touched, something I haven't dealt with in a while... But I think it turned out great!  Mostly thanks to Brian, super-wicked-awesome-sound engineer! 

In the midst of a p.c.  Note the rubber band fix as both an experiment to figure the workings out and later on, necessity!

The overall setting of the live room

My personal space

The Captain's Chair

A close-up on gear

More gear!

The Gang minus Beth!  She was sleeping and rightfully so... And yes, I like it when Phil looks at me this way.

  The good times were in large portions as this 13 1/2 hour recording session took place!  This was easily one of the most memorable moments in my time back in Minnesota/Wisconsin territory!  Life is sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment